Letter: Support for Schwartz
November 5, 2016
I generally don't get vocal about politics, but given the historic nature of this election I feel compelled to speak out. I believe that our local and regional elected officials have the most substantial impact on our community, society and economy, and I hope everybody recognizes the importance of getting out the vote for the down-ballot candidates.
That is why I'm proud to vote for Gail Schwartz to represent Colorado's 3rd Congressional District.
Gail is an honest, hard-working and compassionate person, and Colorado would be lucky to have her as our congresswoman. As a former resident of the Roaring Fork Valley, Gail understands our values, and she will fight to protect and represent our interests in Congress. Much of what we have been able to do and our success at Aspen TREE, along with other local family farms, is thanks to Gail's record of delivering results for rural Colorado. Gail fought to pass the Colorado Cottage Foods Act, which expanded economic opportunities for local food producers. I'm so grateful for what Gail has accomplished; imagine what she could do for us in Congress.
Beyond being a dedicated public servant, Gail is a good person. And she is someone I would be honored to call a leader of my community.
Trending In: Opinion
- First person on the scene recounts early Friday wreck that shook New Castle
- Search in Pitkin County along Crystal River for missing Delta man unsuccessful
- Crime Briefs: After speeding without a valid license, suspect leads police on foot chase
- UPDATE: EB I-70 reopened between Silt and New Castle
- Rifle High School seniors’ exit celebrated alongside principal’s departure