Letter: Tax complaint | PostIndependent.com

Letter: Tax complaint

On April 18, 2017, I went to the county office in Rifle to pay my taxes. They could not take my payment in Rifle, as I had to mail it or take it to Glenwood. Your office had been closed. No service for this end of the county.

In the new building we have many other offices for the west end of our county. This year as my check has already been written, you will get the full amount. Next year I will be deducting 10 percent for expenses. This brings us to, “What has happened to the money that you are saving?” Maybe you think we are not part of Garfield County, but still want our tax.

John B. Scalzo


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.