Letter: Do the math on immigration
Immigrants from wherever (but you know where):
• I’m in. Better life. Don’t mind living in a one-bedroom condo with 6-plus people. Way better than before. Rent divided by 6-plus = “affordable.” The high life.
• Work for $10-$12 an hour. Way better.
• .Don’t integrate. Speak our language. Celebrate our culture. Dang, we’re great.
• Pregnant? No worries. Just show up at the hospital. Free. Nice.
• Calls friends and family to come. It’s easy, easy, easy.
• Cheap labor. I keep my bankroll. I keep my fourth home. Nectar!
• Rent is up, up, up. Big Money.
• I saved 50 percent (earned 50 percent) more by hiring cheap labor.
• Print bilingual product marketing to sell more. More money.
• Don’t integrate – accommodate.
• Richie Rich (aka Me, Myself, and I) just keeps getting richer.
• Immigrants don’t file taxes but we collect payroll taxes. No refunds.
• Need more votes. Easy. Support immigration.
• Keep my donors happy. Easy. Provide cheap labor.
• Care about the middle class? Why? They don’t donate.
We the (middle-class legal American) people…
• Affordable housing is gone. How did this happen?
• Living wage is gone. How did this happen?
• Heath costs are through the roof. How did this happen?
• Quality of life is diminished How did this happen?
How did this happen? Do the math.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.