Letter: Farewell Tom Baker
July 6, 2018
As a resident of New Castle, I have had the distinct pleasure of working with the soon to retire town manager, Tom Baker.
I started the New Castle Garden Club 10 years ago and with the River Center's contribution of the land, and a grant provided by Live-Well, and the town's labor the garden club created a large organic garden to provide fresh vegetables and herbs to recipients of Lift-Up.
It has been a labor of love and we owe so much to Tom Baker who never said "No we can't do that!" We can and we did and we owe so much to his vision and positive attitude. We are so grateful for his contributions to our community, we wish him well in his retirement and will cherish him and miss him.
Mary L. Johnson, president
New Castle Garden Club members
Trending In: Letter To The Editor
- Fighting fire with fire: Mountain town firefighters credited with saving hundreds of homes in El Jebel
- Highway 6 fatality victim identified, details still fuzzy
- Crime Briefs: Suspect arrested after four-month sex assault investigation
- Suspects in Lake Christine Fire arrested at residence in Basalt
- The Lake Christine Fire through Basalt fire chief Scott Thompson’s eyes