Letter: Give it a rest, SkiCo!
July 5, 2018
While Basalt and El Jebel burn and hundreds of homeowners in our valley wonder about the fate of their homes and belongings, Ski Co keeps trucking along. I just received an email on July 5 from them advertising numerous fun events at Aspen and Snowmass while our valley burns.
Upon calling to complain about this ill-timed email, I was told they are "fully operational" (in spite of the fires). How wonderful that Ski Co can still make money while this tragedy unfolds. I am disappointed in Ski Co's response or lack thereof during our valleys time of need. It shows their desire to disconnect from the residents of the valley and to continue to dismiss us as "down valley trash." I guess some things never change.
Trending In: Letter To The Editor
- Cavaliere found not guilty of vehicular homicide
- Comcast outage knocks out Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Rifle wins 8th straight matchup over Glenwood
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’