Letter: Let the BLM know your views on Thompson Divide
March 29, 2014
Procrastination is a luxury we can't afford right now. If people care about the fate of Thompson Divide (and most of the community has overwhelmingly proved they support keeping the Thompson Divide as is), then now is the time to make the BLM aware of our views.
April 1 is the deadline for BLM to reach a decision regarding the extension of oil and gas leases in Thompson Divide. Please let the BLM know your views now.
BLM shouldn't kick the can down the road for another two years. Provide security to the some 300 individuals, including our local ranchers, outfitters and small business owners, who rely on the land to maintain a livelihood and let the leases expire, BLM.
Trending In: Letter To The Editor
- Glenwood Springs’ new Native Son restaurant opens in former Loyal Brothers location
- Glenwood Springs City Council tackles homeless camp safety concerns
- Crime Briefs: Wheels of justice finally catch up with domestic violence suspect
- Jury convicts on two charges in New Castle child sex assault case
- 180 years of love: Three Rifle family couples celebrate their 60th anniversaries