Letter: Let the BLM know your views on Thompson Divide
March 29, 2014
Procrastination is a luxury we can't afford right now. If people care about the fate of Thompson Divide (and most of the community has overwhelmingly proved they support keeping the Thompson Divide as is), then now is the time to make the BLM aware of our views.
April 1 is the deadline for BLM to reach a decision regarding the extension of oil and gas leases in Thompson Divide. Please let the BLM know your views now.
BLM shouldn't kick the can down the road for another two years. Provide security to the some 300 individuals, including our local ranchers, outfitters and small business owners, who rely on the land to maintain a livelihood and let the leases expire, BLM.
Trending In: Letter To The Editor
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them