Letter: Parties not perfect
July 6, 2018
I am a Christian, then a Democrat. I am not a Democrat "right or wrong." In other words, the Democratic Party is not perfect, despite the obvious flaws in the Republican Party. Call these parties by any other name, they all have a "symbiotic" relationship. In other words, despite their differences, they're in it together.
Typical of the thought of the day in 1862, General George B. McClellan, head of the military, wrote that Lincoln was "nothing more than a well-meaning baboon." Kinda like Trump?
In Lincoln's day, it was the Union… bumped up to doing away with slavery. Today it is the democracy… bumped up beyond "free speech" to dialogue. That is what Trump has done. He has brought people "out." That's just what the world needs.
Now you know how Lincoln's detractors felt.
Trending In: Letter To The Editor
- Fighting fire with fire: Mountain town firefighters credited with saving hundreds of homes in El Jebel
- Highway 6 fatality victim identified, details still fuzzy
- Crime Briefs: Suspect arrested after four-month sex assault investigation
- Suspects in Lake Christine Fire arrested at residence in Basalt
- The Lake Christine Fire through Basalt fire chief Scott Thompson’s eyes