Letter: Sen. Udall’s support is vital to the effort to protect Thompson Divide
November 14, 2013
As a resident of Carbondale, member of both the Wilderness Workshop and Thompson Divide Coalition and elected official on Carbondale's Town Board of Trustees, I'd want to thank Sen. Mark Udall for joining the effort to protect the Thompson Divide from energy development.
The Thompson Divide area is extremely important to this region, as evidenced by the broad and unique coalition of people and organizations who have come together with their time, energy and money to preserve it. The area provides us with clean water, healthy grazing and fantastic recreational opportunities, supporting local employment in a variety of ways. And, equally important, it is an integral part of the wild and natural environment that makes this place so special.
Sen. Udall, your support is vital to our effort to protect Thompson Divide. Thank you.
Trending In: Letter To The Editor
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them