Letter: Truly local election issue
I have been a Glenwood Springs resident for 10 years. I am writing to encourage all Glenwood residents to vote yes on 2H and 2I — the A&I sales tax renewal and corresponding bond issue. Here’s my $.01 worth as to why:
1. It is needed to maintain some of the current Glenwood amenities and services, primarily the Center for the Arts, Rec Center and kids sports programs.
2. It is needed to move forward with exciting plans on Sixth Street, Two Rivers Park and the confluence area when the bridge is complete.
3. It has functioned very well for the last 20 years and provided many assets to the city such as the rec center, municipal operations, trails, streetscape improvements, etc.
4. It had an 80 percent approval rating in polling.
5. It is a renewal of an existing sales tax with 70 percent of the money being paid by visitors, not residents.
This is one tax that we can all see the positive impact of right here in our town.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.