Letter: Who should assimilate?
February 4, 2019
As far back as 50 years ago, it was economically viable for Mexicans to come to the United States because of the currency disparity. Duh. Republicans who could afford it hired cheap Mexican labor … big money for Mexicans.
In the meantime, everyone looked away from the working classes. We are seeing the fruition of this moral ignorance in full bloom today. Now it is the Democrats who have become morally relative.
Ironically, Tom Brokaw was wrong. Mexicans/Hispanics shouldn't have to assimilate, Americans should. Americans should be thankful for their southern neighbor: Mexico is a Christian country, and the people are family oriented. They may keep America grounded. Just don't let their lessor imports over, around or through the wall.
Trending In: Opinion
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Car goes into river on I-70 near Glenwood Springs
- Alleged Glenwood Springs child traffickers appear in court
- Moffat County couple dies after plane crashes in ‘Nevada Triangle’
- Glenwood’s downtown parking problems headed toward permit solution