New Year’s Happenings
– 4-7:30 p.m. buffet, New Year’s Eve Celebration, The Buffalo Valley Restaurant, including music by Cowboy Attitude, midnight champagne toast, 3637 Highway 82, Glenwood Springs. 945-5279
– 6 p.m., New Year’s Eve Dinner at Coulter Lake Guest Ranch, Rifle Snowmobile Club. Reservations: 625-1473.
– 8:30 p.m., opening act, Matt Johnson; New Year’s Eve with Mid-Life Crisis, Steve’s Guitars, 19 N. Fourth St., Carbondale. 963-3304
– 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., New Year’s Extravaganza, Burning Mountain Bowl, 880 Castle Valley Blvd., New Castle. Live music by Williams, Rigger and Bradley. Giveaways and raffle. Reservations required on the lanes. 984-2739
– 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., Sawadee New Year’s Eve, dinner, drinks, dancing with DJ Spikes, Phat Thai, 343 Main St., Carbondale. 963-7001
– New Years Eve Bash, Hurricane Grille, pajama party with complimentary buffet, champagne toast, and karaoke with no cover. 348 Main St., Carbondale. 963-3606
– Thunder River Theatre Co. New Year gala evening, “Lysistrata,” champagne and dessert and beautiful decorations. 10 p.m. TRTC Ball will drop in celebration of New Year’s Eve, late night dancing, 67 Promenade, Carbondale. 309-5398
– A Mountaintop New Year’s Eve Celebration, “Toast at the Top” New Year’s Eve celebration, Exclamation Point Restaurant, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Dinner buffet, dancing to the Dags, and champagne toast. Reservations: 945-4228, ext. 11.
– New Year’s Eve Party at Sunlight Mountain Inn, hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, prime rib buffet dinner, champagne toast, live music from Soulfeel (original blues rock). Rooms sold separately.
New Hope Church
New Year’s Day services at 11 a.m. at Riverside School auditorium, west of downtown New Castle. Info: 984-2656.
Tri-Community Catholic Parishes
New Year’s weekend Masses will be: 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 31, St. Brendan, Parachute; 7 p.m. at Sacred Heart, Silt. New Year’s Day Mass will be celebrated at 8 and 10:30 a.m. and in Spanish at 2 p.m. at St. Mary, 671 Birch St., Rifle.
Church at Carbondale
Church at Carbondale will hold a New Year’s service at 9 a.m. Jan. 1.
St. John’s Episcopal Church
Morning Prayer (and coffee) will be at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 1 at St. John’s Episcopal Church, First and Main in New Castle. A blessing of watches, calendars, clocks, Palm Pilots, etc., will take place at the Epiphany Eucharistic service at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 8.
Grace Church of the Roaring Fork Valley
New Year’s Day worship services will begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. will resume Jan. 8.
Grace Church of the Roaring Fork Valley meets at the Eagle County Community Center in El Jebel. Info: 927-8833.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Alex Sanchez column: Yes on 5B offers immediate support for schools, but intentional Latino involvement must be front and center
We know access to a high-quality education is vital to every student in the Roaring Fork School District.