Basalt golf places second at Skiers Invitational
August 17, 2018
Basalt senior Holden Kleager followed up a career-best round of 71 (-1) and a second-place finish at Gypsum Creek Wednesday morning by placing tied for fifth at the Skiers Invitational Friday morning in Aspen, shooting a round of 76 (+5), helping the Longhorns place second as a team with a score of 248 (+35) on the day, finishing 34 strokes behind the Aspen Skiers.
Along with Kleager, Basalt's Tyler Sims tied for 11th with a round of 84 (+13), while Blake Exelbert (tied-18th, 88, +17) and Rocket Perrin (tied-18th, 88, +17) rounded out the day for the Longhorns.
Aspen's Jack Pevny (70, -1) won the tournament for the Skiers, while teammate Dominic Lanese IV (70, E) finished second. Jack Huges (73, +2) and Colter Zwieg (75, +4) added top four finishes as the Skiers swept the podium.
For Coal Ridge, Austin Gerber shot a 90 (+19), placing tied for 21st, while Myles Galbraith shot a 96 (+25), finishing tied for 29th.
Lance Fullenwider (98, +31) and Ryan Kotz (105, +34) rounded out the day for the Titans.
Trending In: Sports
- Former LPGA Tour Pro Lori West named Glenwood Springs girls golf head coach
- PREP ROUNDUP: Rams split with Cardinals in regular season finale; DiMarco ties Coal Ridge single-game record with 33 points in win over Moffat County
- PREP ROUNDUP: Glenwood boys win third straight league title with OT win over Palisade; Coal Ridge sweeps Eagle Valley in non-league matchup
- Glenwood’s Wilson, Grand Valley’s Serna win regional titles
- Carney Column: Elway swings and misses again with Flacco trade
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them