Carbondale’s Fotion wins America’s Strongest Master title
October 10, 2018
Carbondale's Steven Fotion defended his America's Strongest Master 2017 title, winning America's Strongest Master title at the 2018 Mr. Olympia competition in Las Vegas in September.
His training, perseverance, and determination qualified him for a chance to defend this title at the 2018 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas.
Fotion and his family drove toLas Vegas for the two-day competition, Sept. 14-16 at the Las Vegas convention center, where Fotion defended his title of America's Strongest Master. The events included a 490-pound Axel Deadlift, 650-pound Super Yolk Carry, 240-pound Stone of Steel, 225-pound Log Press, and a 250-pound Farmers Carry. Fotion, the owner of Fotion's Clubhouse Gym, placed first in three events, and second place in two events, good enough for the overall win of America's Strongest Master title.
The win gives Fotion the highly-coveted invite to compete at The Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio in March 2019.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP ROUNDUP: Grand Valley boys stumble in third quarter, fall to Eagle Valley; Chenoweth’s 22 leads Cardinals over Devils
- PREP ROUNDUP: Burt’s late 3 seals Glenwood’s win over Berthoud; Wiescamp’s career-high 27 points leads Coal Ridge girls over Paonia
- Demons top Huskies, Titans in home Tri-Duals
- PREP ROUNDUP: Roaring Fork girls knock off Palisade at the buzzer in OT; Glenwood boys fall by 5 to No. 2 team in the state
- Retired NHL player, Roaring Fork Valley partners reopen Electric Mountain Lodge
- Trust your gut: Man at center of Rifle I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Largest number of female cadets graduate Colorado Mountain College police academy
- Skier dies after Sunday crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Guest commentary: Vacation rentals — Another neighborhood perspective