Carbondale’s Fotion wins America’s Strongest Master title
October 10, 2018
Carbondale's Steven Fotion defended his America's Strongest Master 2017 title, winning America's Strongest Master title at the 2018 Mr. Olympia competition in Las Vegas in September.
His training, perseverance, and determination qualified him for a chance to defend this title at the 2018 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas.
Fotion and his family drove toLas Vegas for the two-day competition, Sept. 14-16 at the Las Vegas convention center, where Fotion defended his title of America's Strongest Master. The events included a 490-pound Axel Deadlift, 650-pound Super Yolk Carry, 240-pound Stone of Steel, 225-pound Log Press, and a 250-pound Farmers Carry. Fotion, the owner of Fotion's Clubhouse Gym, placed first in three events, and second place in two events, good enough for the overall win of America's Strongest Master title.
The win gives Fotion the highly-coveted invite to compete at The Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio in March 2019.
Trending In: Sports
- Aidan Sloan’s late header gives Roaring Fork soccer its first league championship in 5 years with 2-1 win over Coal Ridge
- Glenwood soccer comes up short in bid for league championship against Battle Mountain
- PREP ROUNDUP: Coal Ridge tops Delta on Senior Night in four sets; Rifle volleyball falls to Basalt in four sets
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to open Friday, Loveland Ski Area follows on Saturday
- Glenwood volleyball drops 5-set match to Palisade
- Glenwood Caverns retires the old Iron Mountain Tramway
- Glenwood Springs Council clashes over proposed vacation rental moratorium
- Garfield Sheriff says Prop 112 would be devastating
- Occupant in camper trailer injured, driver arrested after Highway 82 crash Monday
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape