Carbondale’s Fotion wins America’s Strongest Master title
October 10, 2018
Carbondale's Steven Fotion defended his America's Strongest Master 2017 title, winning America's Strongest Master title at the 2018 Mr. Olympia competition in Las Vegas in September.
His training, perseverance, and determination qualified him for a chance to defend this title at the 2018 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas.
Fotion and his family drove toLas Vegas for the two-day competition, Sept. 14-16 at the Las Vegas convention center, where Fotion defended his title of America's Strongest Master. The events included a 490-pound Axel Deadlift, 650-pound Super Yolk Carry, 240-pound Stone of Steel, 225-pound Log Press, and a 250-pound Farmers Carry. Fotion, the owner of Fotion's Clubhouse Gym, placed first in three events, and second place in two events, good enough for the overall win of America's Strongest Master title.
The win gives Fotion the highly-coveted invite to compete at The Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio in March 2019.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP ROUNDUP: Rams split with Cardinals in regular season finale; DiMarco ties Coal Ridge single-game record with 33 points in win over Moffat County
- PREP ROUNDUP: Glenwood boys win third straight league title with OT win over Palisade; Coal Ridge sweeps Eagle Valley in non-league matchup
- Former LPGA Tour Pro Lori West named Glenwood Springs girls golf head coach
- Carney Column: Elway swings and misses again with Flacco trade
- Shiffrin 1, Vlhova 1: Slalom to decide queen of ski worlds
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Roaring Fork public school teachers get pay raise
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair assaulted while canvassing