Glenwood FC U19 wins Broomfield Shootout
August 14, 2018
Competing in the 2018 Broomfield Shootout Thursday-Sunday in Broomfield, the Glenwood FC U19 team, composed of players from Glenwood Springs High School, Colorado Rocky Mountain High School, Roaring Fork High School, Basalt High School, and Aspen High School won the tournament, going 3-1 in the three-day tournament under head coach Evan Segal.
Glenwood FC outscored their opponents 12-5 in the tournament, and beat out teams from Kansas and the Metro Denver area for the tournament championship.
The U19 team defeated Sedgwick County (Kan.) on Friday by a score of 2-0, before then beating Real Colorado 6-1 and Broomfield Blast SC 01 3-1 on Saturday.
The U19 team fell to Broomfield Blast SC 00 3-1 on Saturday in the final game of the tournament, but locked up the tournament title by that point.
The team was composed of freshman through seniors from the area high schools, including a number of girls from the Glenwood varsity soccer team that reached the 4A state playoffs semifinals this spring.
Trending In: Sports
- Historic Redstone Castle restoration now complete
- One lane of WB I-70 now open in Glenwood Canyon after crash
- Enter ‘The Gandy Dancer’ to former Glenwood Springs Eagles Club space
- Garfield County crime briefs: Suspicious motel call leads to hypodermic needles
- South Bridge easement agreement between Glenwood, RFTA finalized