Glenwood FC U19 wins Broomfield Shootout
August 14, 2018
Competing in the 2018 Broomfield Shootout Thursday-Sunday in Broomfield, the Glenwood FC U19 team, composed of players from Glenwood Springs High School, Colorado Rocky Mountain High School, Roaring Fork High School, Basalt High School, and Aspen High School won the tournament, going 3-1 in the three-day tournament under head coach Evan Segal.
Glenwood FC outscored their opponents 12-5 in the tournament, and beat out teams from Kansas and the Metro Denver area for the tournament championship.
The U19 team defeated Sedgwick County (Kan.) on Friday by a score of 2-0, before then beating Real Colorado 6-1 and Broomfield Blast SC 01 3-1 on Saturday.
The U19 team fell to Broomfield Blast SC 00 3-1 on Saturday in the final game of the tournament, but locked up the tournament title by that point.
The team was composed of freshman through seniors from the area high schools, including a number of girls from the Glenwood varsity soccer team that reached the 4A state playoffs semifinals this spring.
Trending In: Sports
- Dirt Demons’ Trapani wins Leadville mountain bike race
- Dodgers top Rockies 8-2, move back into 1st in NL West
- PREP ROUNDUP: Rifle softball rolls over Palisade, wins 3rd straight league title; Coal Ridge soccer wins overtime thriller over Ridgway
- Broncos are winning again and the Raiders are still losing
- Glenwood downs Conifer 41-20 for first win of season