Glenwood FC U19 wins Broomfield Shootout
August 14, 2018
Competing in the 2018 Broomfield Shootout Thursday-Sunday in Broomfield, the Glenwood FC U19 team, composed of players from Glenwood Springs High School, Colorado Rocky Mountain High School, Roaring Fork High School, Basalt High School, and Aspen High School won the tournament, going 3-1 in the three-day tournament under head coach Evan Segal.
Glenwood FC outscored their opponents 12-5 in the tournament, and beat out teams from Kansas and the Metro Denver area for the tournament championship.
The U19 team defeated Sedgwick County (Kan.) on Friday by a score of 2-0, before then beating Real Colorado 6-1 and Broomfield Blast SC 01 3-1 on Saturday.
The U19 team fell to Broomfield Blast SC 00 3-1 on Saturday in the final game of the tournament, but locked up the tournament title by that point.
The team was composed of freshman through seniors from the area high schools, including a number of girls from the Glenwood varsity soccer team that reached the 4A state playoffs semifinals this spring.
Trending In: Sports
- Former LPGA Tour Pro Lori West named Glenwood Springs girls golf head coach
- PREP ROUNDUP: Glenwood boys win third straight league title with OT win over Palisade; Coal Ridge sweeps Eagle Valley in non-league matchup
- PREP ROUNDUP: Rams split with Cardinals in regular season finale; DiMarco ties Coal Ridge single-game record with 33 points in win over Moffat County
- Glenwood’s Wilson, Grand Valley’s Serna win regional titles
- Carney Column: Elway swings and misses again with Flacco trade
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death