CPW reminds hunters of license sales dates, July 26-Aug. 2 | PostIndependent.com

CPW reminds hunters of license sales dates, July 26-Aug. 2

DENVER – Colorado Parks and Wildlife reminds hunters that over-the-counter licenses with caps and over-the-counter unlimited licenses are available for purchase beginning July 26 at 9 a.m. MDT, online, by phone 1-800-244-5613 or at CPW locations and license agents.

“A valid license is an important step in planning your hunt this and every year in Colorado,” said Cory Chick, CPW’s license manager. “A familiarity with CPW’s hunting regulations and brochures can help you decide on the right tag for the right location and appropriate rules to follow in those areas.”

Leftover limited licenses (licenses remaining after the primary and leftover draws) go on sale in person and by phone Tuesday, Aug. 2 at 9 a.m. MDT. These licenses are available online starting at midnight on Aug. 3. MDT. The list of leftover licenses available for purchase will be available July 27 at cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/BigGame.aspx.

All purchases require a current and valid photo ID, proof of residency, social security number, and a Hunter Education card, unless the hunter was born on or before Jan. 1, 1949. Online verification requires input of the hunter education information located on the card and the state in which it was issued. Bring this card with you for in-person sales.

To sign up for a Hunter Education course go to cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/HunterEducation.aspx. Apprentice licenses are available 2016 as well as hunter education test-out options are available for U.S. military and individuals 50-years of age or older.

Replacement of most Colorado hunter education cards can be requested online at https://www.co.wildlifelicense.com/start.php. Learn more at cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/HE-CardReplacement.aspx.

Resources are available at cpw.state.co.us/BuyApply/pages/hunting.aspx. If you have questions about hunting, contact CPW at 303-297-1192.

Thousands of over-the-counter with cap licenses for bear are available. Interested license buyers should refer to the 2016 Big Game Brochure for season participation requirement.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


See more