Prep Roundup: CRMS has three riders win state titles at Eagle competition
November 1, 2015
Competing at the Colorado Cycling League state championships at the Haymaker Classic in Eagle, Saturday and Sunday, the Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale had 14 riders participate in the meet, but it was senior Henry Nadell, and sophomores Emi Bauer and Levi Gavette who brought home state titles for the local school.
Nadell was the overall winner of the boys event, while Bauer won the girls sophomore division and Gavette won the boys sophomore division.
The senior Nadell finished more than a minute in front of Nic Jenkins of Fountain Valley, crossing the finish line in first with a time of 1:40:03.22.
Bauer took home first place in the girls sophomore division with a time of 1:04:43.28.
Gavette won the boys sophomore division with a time of 51:45.82.
Demons riders enjoy success at states
Recommended Stories For You
Along with CRMS, the Glenwood Springs Demons mountain biking club competed at Eagle, Saturday and Sunday. Freshman rider Lucca Trapani finished 13th in a full field of 129 competitors in the boys freshman division with a time of 59:04.47. Trapani finished fourth overall in the South Division regular season and was very consistent with three fifth-place finishes and one fourth-place finish. Freshman rider Blake Novy (1:24:40.49) finished 123rd overall.
Glenwood's highest sophomore finisher was Aaron Smith who came in 53rd overall (1:01:13.06) Sophomore rider Jacob Barsness was in the top 20 halfway through the race but ran out of gas at the end, finishing 98th overall with a time of 1:08:55.83.
Freshman rider Hailey Hoffman — in only her third-ever mountain bike race — finished 21st overall in the freshman girls division with a time of 1:17:11.58.
Coal Ridge, Basalt have multiple state qualifiers for CC
With the state competition just around the corner, the Coal Ridge Titans and Basalt Longhorns boys and girls cross country teams will be well-represented at states.
For Coal Ridge, junior Justin Allen and sophomore Paige Harlow will compete for the Titans at Saturday's meet.
For Basalt, the girls competing for the Longhorns are freshman Megan Maley, sophomores Stephanie Anglin, Jenna Cumow, Carling Robinson and Rebecca White, juniors Katelyn Krehbiel and Tavia Tietler.
Longhorns boys competing at the state meet are freshmen William Luckett and Leighton Albright, sophomore Jd Glenn and seniors Robbie Thompson, Lyle Luckett and Ashton Albright.
Trending In: Sports
- Prep Roundup: Broadhurst’s career night leads Rams over Pirates; Rifle wrestling dominates Moffat County in home dual
- Rifle wrestling defeats rival Glenwood to win Rumble in the Rockies
- Coal Ridge boys start slow, drop game to Delta 62-55
- AVSC’s Kate Oldham named to U18 team for Scando Cup
- Vidakovich column: Thinking of you
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents