Aspen hockey defeats Glenwood Springs 5-0
January 11, 2019
The Aspen High School hockey team put together one of its more impressive wins of the season on Friday night, winning 5-0 over visiting Glenwood Springs at Lewis Ice Arena.
The Skiers scored twice in the first period, a goal each coming from Henry Morrison and Connor Chesner, both power play goals. Jack Pevny tacked on an even-strength goal late in the second period to make it 3-0 and then added another early in the third period, this one short-handed, to make it 4-0. Dominic Lanese scored the final goal barely a minute later.
Logan Soderberg had 27 saves in net. It was Aspen's second shutout win of the season, the other coming in its Dec. 21 win over Steamboat Springs, 4-0.
The win is the fourth straight for the Skiers, who are now 5-3-2 overall. They have beaten both Steamboat and Glenwood twice over this stretch. AHS played Glenwood as recently as Jan. 4, narrowly winning that one, 3-2.
Glenwood, playing varsity hockey for the first time this season, fell to 3-6 overall.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP ROUNDUP: Shaya Chenoweth’s 13 points in fourth quarter helps Grand Valley avoid Rifle upset
- Vidakovich column: Thinking of you
- Glenwood Springs hockey beats Battle Mountain 4-3 in OT
- Rifle softball’s Kaitlyn Harris signs with Garden City Community College
- PREP ROUNDUP: Rifle girls basketball sinks Steamboat, claims first win of the season; Coal Ridge boys fall to Gunnison, snapping 24-game league winning streak