James Simpkins Sr. (April 9, 1946 — December 30, 2018)
January 7, 2019
James Simpkins Sr. of Rifle, Colorado, passed away on December 30, 2018, at the age of 72. James is survived by his wife of 22 years, Donna Simpkins, married on December 22, 1996. Also, his sister Arlene Trayham, son James Simpkins, Jr., 3 grandchildren, 1 granddaughter, nieces, nephews, stepdaughter and stepsons.
James grew up and spent most of his life in Baltimore, Maryland. He worked for the Bethlehem Steel Company at Sparrows Point for 37 years and retired in 2001. He has lived in Rifle, CO, since 2005.
Anyone who knew James knew him to be loving, kind, generous, and always ready with a hug.
First and foremost, though, James' truest happiness came from worshiping his God Jehovah alongside his wife, and his hope for the future to live forever in a paradise on earth.
James will be missed and will always be in our minds and hearts. We cannot wait to see him again in the paradise that's just around the corner.
There will be a memorial service held on Saturday, January 12, 2019 @ 03:30 pm at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses located at 1022 County Rd. 294, Rifle, CO 81650. All are welcome to attend. In lieu of flowers, the family would accept online donations to JW.ORG via link: https://apps.jw.org/E_DONATE.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Glenwood Mall doubles down on assertion that Ross lease was problematic