Alena Rose Douglas (February 16, 1924 – December 1, 2018)
December 4, 2018
Alena Rose Douglas, 94, passed away in Parachute, Colorado on December 1, 2018.
She was born on February 16, 1924 to Barbara and Charles Williams in Parachute. She resided in Parachute all her life, except for a short time in California. She married Willie (Bill) Fred Burnside in Aztec, New Mexico on February 10, 1951. They later divorced. She then married Loyd "Red" Douglas in Las Vegas on May 26, 1984. Red passed away November 30, 1987. Alena had two children, Harold Leroy "Skip" Cook and Sherry Loschke (Burnside). Alena enjoyed traveling and spending time with her grandchildren, Joe, Niki, and Natalie. She was quick with an off-color joke and most recently entertained the staff at E Dene Moore Care Center and Grand River Hospital with such jokes. She was the last surviving member of Parachute's "Golden Girls." The Golden Girls also consisted of Della Satterfield, Jody Lindauer, and Lola Allen. She is survived by her daughter Sherry (John) Loschke and her grandchildren Joseph and Nicole Loschke, and Natalie (Todd) Guidotti.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice of the Valley, 1901 Grand Avenue, Suite 206, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601.
Services will be held Saturday, December 8th at 1pm at the upper fire house in Battlement Mesa.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Garfield County crime briefs: Car theft, fast food, meth and undergarments
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them